Dutch banknote printer Joh. Enschedé saved

Dutch banknote printer Royal Joh. Enschedé has been saved from bankruptcy by signing an agreement with investment firm Nimbus. Nimbus will get 95% of the shares of the company while the remaining 5% will remain with the Enschedé family (Joh. Enschedé is among the oldest family businesses in The Netherlands).

Joh. Enschedé got into trouble last year when a large order for the printing of 450 million German 10 euro notes was postponed at the request of the European Central Bank. Because of this the company immediately had to look for new orders and as a result 65 employees were fired.

Joh. Enschedé prints euro banknotes for several countries, all the dutch stamps and other security prints. The company was founded in 1703. On the euro notes you can identify the notes printed by Joh. Enschedé by looking at the printer code which should start with a G.

Steven Thursday 09 January 2014 at 4:05 pm | | news
Used tags: , , ,
These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Twitter

No comments

(optional field)
(optional field)
To prove you're not a robot, answer this simple question.

Comment moderation is enabled on this site. This means that your comment will not be visible until it has been approved by an editor.

Remember personal info?
Small print: All html tags except <b> and <i> will be removed from your comment. You can make links by just typing the url or mail-address.